Rawrcast Discussion Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Meetup_logo_1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Listener
Satyr

lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Empty
PostSubject: lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics"   lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime4/9/2009, 10:58 pm

so,...

my guild is a rather small "casual-raiding" guild (it makes my teeth grind to say that). We raid 10 man Naxx and I am one of the healers (Priest). We have Naxx on farm and are gearing everyone up for Ulduar. I know, I know...late to that game and all that. My guild was formed by a bunch of friends that met in Warhammer and came back to wow (I followed the couple that got me into wow) so most of the toons are rerolls.

Anyway, we do good on every fight except Gluth. We always manage to get him down after a few wipes and by the skin of our teeth but it has gotten to the point where this is THE fight in Naxx for us. I know it has to do somewhat with the fact that I am probably the only person in the guild who knows how to kite (my first toon was a hunter) and I am healing so I cant really take that on.

Any suggestions or tricks anyone has found for making this fight go a little smoother? I fade every time it pops up and still manage to get about 5 zombies on me, it seems the people kiting just flat out cant hold aggro off the healers. We have an assortment of toons to choose from but until I can get my frostmage up (lvl 71 and going slow) I am afraid we will struggle with this fight every time.

...help 0_0
Back to top Go down
http://the-bunker.net
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics"   lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime4/11/2009, 7:56 pm

I have to say that I'm about lamest kiter ever. I end up tanking the adds on this either in 10 or 25 man with my DK and I have to say that my job is made much simpler if there is a hunter doing frost traps or a shaman dropping totems for me. If you don't have those classes, the Holy Wrath from Pallies (I think that's the stun they have) or even a warstomp if you're on horde side and have some Taurens is helpful. A frost nova is an option as well, but it's easy for a mage to get hit by the zombies if they get too close, so that's an option we save as a last resort.

Earthbind is my personal preference, but we have a resto shaman that's right on top of it so that's really helpful.

Hope this helps.

Hafrot
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawrcast.com
Satyr
Listener
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics"   lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime4/11/2009, 11:11 pm

yeah, that's about what we are doing. Still seems abnormally painful. Is it just a shitty fight?
Back to top Go down
http://the-bunker.net
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics"   lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime4/12/2009, 3:42 am

It can be rough consistently if the person in charge of the adds can't kite. Hopefully you guys can be consistent with whomever has to do it and sooner or later it'll get easier. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawrcast.com
Emeny
Blog Contributor
Emeny

PostSubject: Re: lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics"   lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime4/14/2009, 3:42 pm

Aye, sticking to a consistent team is the key to taking down any boss you're having trouble with.

Our guild also adopts hunters (frost traps) to kite and a mage on standby to throw in whatever it is they do to slow things down.

As long as your hunter can kite the zombies to the edge of his trap every time then you should be ok.

I also remember tanking this with my Warrior on one attempt (not sure if it was heroic or not). I did stack the debuff quite highly but then I had plenty of health and their chance of actually hitting me isn't that high with all my defense...so it worked.

Emeny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.combobulater.co.uk
Kirotei
Listener
Kirotei

PostSubject: Re: lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics"   lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime4/28/2009, 1:37 pm

I've done this as a survival hunter several times for my guild's 10-man Naxx raid, and it can be pretty easy once you find an effective kiting path around the back of the room. The key thing is to find a way to run in a straight line as much as possible in order to get away from the zombies already pursuing you (as they'll catch up pretty quickly if you're constantly turning), but to not get too far from the spawn point on the middle grate so you can still pick up new chows.

I eventually chose a figure-eight sort of path with the center at the spawn point, but I waited until I ran past the grate to shoot any new spawns with explosive shot or multi-shot depending on how many there were. It usually didn't take much more than that to get them on me for the duration of the kite (and this is with two healers supporting me, as I appear to have acquired a reputation for being insane and getting myself killed =P), and once the Decimate timer ticked down to about 10 seconds, I grouped them all up to the back of the room (right behind the spawn point, ideally, so new spawns would join the main group in approaching Gluth) and popped Deterrence. This way, they would all move towards Gluth as a unit and travel the longest distance possible before they got to him - translating in more time for us to AoE them down.

The figure eight didn't have me dropping frost trap all the time, but I did use it heavily to give myself space. I'd also point out that ass-charging (i.e. turning your character around midjump and using Disengage) is an excellent way to get distance on your undead entourage.

With enough practice I could see this done in 10-man with only two people: hunter and healer. Heroic Naxx I have very little experience with (yes, laugh now), but I imagine doubling this (or even just taking two hunters, depending on how good they are at not getting hit) should be sufficient.

Hope this is helpful! =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics"   lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lets get this party started. AKA "Gluth tactics"
Page 1 of 1