Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edderf
Listener

PostSubject: Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.   4/11/2009, 7:06 pm

Hey guys, thought id post my user interface and if you like it just give me a shout and i'll throw a download link out. I'm hoping that the pictures should work

Okay, so this is outside combat just standing around
[img][/img]

Aaand this is inside combat, if anyone has any tip for any good HUD's im all ears since i can't leave my party with this one.
[img][/img]

I try to keep it as clean as possible since i like it clear and i want to see as much of the game possible.

note to myself, resize images if you post
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.   4/11/2009, 11:25 pm

I have tried an assload of huds and ended up with Icehud. heres a pic of it all tricked out

inside bars are you, outside are targets (and you can change almost all of it) keeps track of rogue points and pets. I <3 it.

there is a "Hunger for Blood" version as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-bunker.net
Stumpalina
Host

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.   4/11/2009, 11:46 pm

@Edderf good leveling UI. Nice and minimalist. Some people jumble their screen with gadgets and it slows down their reaction to stuff because it is all covered up at first.

@Satyr I love the auras. I haven't tried that yet, I can't think of a reason I would use them as a druid. BRK did a video when he started using them and they totally made sense for hunter, with keeping up with cooldowns and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rawrcast.com
Satyr
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.   4/11/2009, 11:51 pm

those are just my bars (health and mana). I do use power auras though, I have a big screen and like to keep my eyes focused in one spot so I dont panic. Use it to show me all my on proc abilities.
Back to top Go down
Edderf
Listener

PostSubject: Cool   4/12/2009, 2:04 am

Satyr, that's some pretty good looking bars. Can you phase them out so you don't have to show them when you're out of combat? And, can you leave groups with it?

Or does anyone know if there's a command for leaving groups? like /pquit or /pleave

Oh and stompalina, can't you make it so you know when lifebloom ticks out? (power aura thingy)
or omen of clarity, or when the tank is below 50% health :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stumpalina
Host

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.   4/12/2009, 3:30 am

Edderf wrote:
Satyr, that's some pretty good looking bars. Can you phase them out so you don't have to show them when you're out of combat? And, can you leave groups with it?

Or does anyone know if there's a command for leaving groups? like /pquit or /pleave

Oh and stompalina, can't you make it so you know when lifebloom ticks out? (power aura thingy)
or omen of clarity, or when the tank is below 50% health :D

I suppose I could, but that is a bit of overkill IMO. I am focused on grid to keep the hot-loving going. There are 25 boxes, and the people who have AGGRO on their box get heals and hots, the people that simply don't have full boxes get hots. Easy enough. And, the indicators within grid are more than sufficient, small, easy to see, etc.

I will post my raid UI next time we pop in a raid. I just reconfigured it this week after Vert's latest mod trial ate my Pitbull... I got it worked out and use the opprotunity to change some things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rawrcast.com
Shifty
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.   4/12/2009, 7:00 am

Ok here mine, like stomp im a resto druid and ive played around with several healing frames and HOT timers.

I settled with Grid, with the plugin for HOTs and clique. For the hot timers, i use an addon called Hotcandy although lately ive found myself staring at the little icons on grid rather than my bars.

Out of combat:

In combat:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.   4/12/2009, 10:55 am

Edderf wrote:

Yeah, they go away when out of combat and full up (unless I have someone targeted like in the screencap). As far as leaving the group with them I have never tried, that's usually coded into unit frame addons.
Back to top Go down
Edderf
Listener

PostSubject: Wea   4/12/2009, 11:03 am

See , i don't use the player unit frames because that kinda eliminates the use of a hud so im desperatly trying to figure out how to leave a party without those unitframes^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.   4/12/2009, 4:56 pm

try setting up a macro that says.

/script LeaveParty();

that should do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Edderf
Listener

PostSubject: 123   4/12/2009, 5:01 pm

Thanks satyr! :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.   4/12/2009, 5:04 pm

:D glad to help
Back to top Go down
Kirotei
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.   4/29/2009, 2:18 am

My UI, affectionately dubbed Tranquila due to a deep-seated compulsion to name things. It's gone through many iterations, the most recent of which had me unceremoniously dropping Grid, Quartz, and Pitbull in favor of oUF (freeb and freebgrid, for those curious), which nostockui turned me on to a few weeks ago - and sweet raptor jesus it's made my load times faster. No, I don't raid with the ceremonial elven dagger on. >.> I've been playing around with trying to find enough screen estate for recount and omen without filling the bottom region of my screen uselessly, and I eventually settled on hiding them unless I'm in a group and centering the remaining interface to look pretty without them. Still working on the best solution for player buffs, taking a break from EBB and using the default UI's for the moment (ignore EBB in the top-left hand corner in the first pic, hehe).

Full raid view (at a guild meeting on my mage):

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bowchikabow
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.   6/10/2009, 3:27 am

Kind of sucks how compressed it looks. Understand that I am using a 1680x1050 resolution monitor. Fairly simple setup

Bartender, chatter, Fubar pack, Omen (with Fubar plugin), Recount (with FuBar plugin), Xperl for the player/raid unit frames, DBM, Dr Damage, squeenix, OrA2, and some rather invisible ones that I use for personal preference.

The nice thing about xperl for me, is that it replaces DoTimers, and cooldown count, since I can setup Xperl to always place my debuffs in front AND set them to double size, I always know which dots/debuffs are up. It is also set to start a countdown at 15sec, so I can start planning. I use shadowgreenlight for actual boss encounters to better time my SW:P re-apps, since SW:P does NOT gain benefit from % multipliers, this mod tracks maximum possible buffs based on class, and recorded buffs used... it then gives me a green light when the maximum is acheived so I can get the highest damage out of it. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.   

Back to top Go down

Yeah, this is my user interface and im writing it this long since it can't be too short.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1