Rawrcast Discussion Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots What Platform Do You Use? Meetup_logo_1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What Platform Do You Use?

Go down 
+10
Imazul
Mingz
Karazak
Gopala
Stumpalina
salima
Ulryck
whisp3rbl4d3
Osis
saj167
14 posters
AuthorMessage
saj167
Listener
saj167

What Platform Do You Use? Empty
PostSubject: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime5/5/2009, 10:31 am

Morning everyone...Contemplating things while maintenance is going on.

My thought is this: Who uses PC and who uses Mac? I am considering a new computer purchase and Warcraft is a large consideration in that. While I won't even consider an Alienware from Dell because of the expense, should I consider a Mac? For those of you on Mac, how happy are you with your Warcraft experience?
Back to top Go down
Osis
Listener
Osis

PostSubject: Re: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime5/5/2009, 11:06 am

I had a Mac long ago, and I can't see myself going back. Too much software that isn't released until long after PC gets it. Too inaccessible for upgrading parts. Just not what I want in a computer. I'm due for an upgrade soon, and expect I'll be getting my next system from http://www.doghousesystems.com/.They are all WoW players and use it as one of their benchmark tests, so I feel pretty confident I'll be getting exactly what I want out of it.
Back to top Go down
whisp3rbl4d3
Listener
whisp3rbl4d3

PostSubject: Re: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime5/5/2009, 7:13 pm

I've always played on a PC, so I can't really compare any of my experiences to a Mac. Pretty much though as long as you have a decent vid card and RAM you're golden. WoW, compared to games like Crysis, FEAR 2, COD4:MW/COD5, isn't all that graphics intensive. When I got back into WoW and bought a new computer I got a Gateway FX6000 rig and it's overkill for WoW. I run everything at max settings on a 22" widescreen HD monitor at 1600x1200 resolution and I get 50fps...in Dalaran. Sarth3D dropped me down to about 30FPS once, but that was the lowest I've seen it without being affected by latency or lag from my ISP.
Back to top Go down
Ulryck
Keeper of the Engrish
Ulryck

PostSubject: Re: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime5/11/2009, 6:28 pm

I have to say that as a long time Mac user, my experience in Warcraft and other games has been seamless, the integration of controls and specific sound/video that is only displayable on some top end Macs compared to PC makes it all worth while. I am not at all a PC hater, but the difference I find is simply preference, I enjoy gaming on my Mac working on it, others may not. It all boils down to not really listening to what others tell you, make your own call on this, and go to a real Mac store if you have not been to one, get some information and make a decision based on your own findings. As far as should you go Mac in MY opinion?.....Never hurts to try something new. Happy Gaming! geek
Back to top Go down
salima
Listener
salima

PostSubject: Re: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime5/12/2009, 8:13 am

im a vista user...
its got lots of pros and LOTS of cons
but i like macs too
Back to top Go down
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

PostSubject: Re: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime5/15/2009, 10:10 pm

I am planning a show about gaming PCs and how system performance affects your play style, etc... what are some gaming system PC companies you would like to hear from?
Back to top Go down
http://rawrcast.com
Osis
Listener
Osis

PostSubject: Re: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime5/16/2009, 1:13 am

The only ones I know of are Alienware and Doghouse Systems. I'm sure you could get the Doghouse guys on. They are very accessible.
Back to top Go down
Gopala
Rawr Supporter
Gopala

PostSubject: Re: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime5/16/2009, 10:14 am

I have used both PC and MAC to play wow at the same time.. PC is a desktop and MAC a laptop and after using both for a while I have switched 100% over to the mac for playing wow.. There has been no issues at all and i find it runs a little better on a mac...

plus there is always the add bouns of not having to use anti-virus and any of that other stuff
Back to top Go down
Karazak
Listener
Karazak

PostSubject: Re: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime5/18/2009, 4:57 pm

PC FTW
Back to top Go down
Mingz
Listener
Mingz

PostSubject: Re: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime5/31/2009, 12:15 pm

I've played on a Mac for as long as I've been playing WoW. People are always saying how PC > Mac, but I've never had any problems or not been able to do something a PC player could. In the end I think it's just a matter of preference. You can always go to an Apple store and just play around on a Mac to get a feel with it. The only thing bad about a Mac is the mouse, DO NOT USE THAT THING!!!
Back to top Go down
Imazul
Listener
Imazul

PostSubject: Re: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime6/15/2009, 12:25 am

I really like building my own computers the way I want them to perform. I would never go for a Mac because you pay for a brand rather than performance or utility. If you are not into computers I highly suggest getting in contact with a company that build systems and explaining your needs and your budget directly to them. That's the best way to get something you need for a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
Abashima
Listener
Abashima

PostSubject: Mac always, PC rarely   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime6/30/2009, 11:39 am

Virtually all of my hours WoW-wise are on a Mac.

I have a gaming PC at work and play it from there occaisionally. Between the two, I prefer Mac because of the built-in controls for iTunes in particular and also for movie recording (though I haven't taken any movies in a while).
Back to top Go down
Taiho
Listener
Taiho

PostSubject: Gaming PC's websites   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 9:51 pm

Bought mine from http://www.ibuypower.com/ and was/am happy with the performance, although, I have upgraded the GPU and PSU since my purchase.

Doing research before purchasing something (expensive) is always a good bet.

Some other Gaming PC sites to consider:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/
http://digitalstormonline.com/

And, to Stomp, if you can get people from those companies would be uber to hear from.
Back to top Go down
Chriasas
Listener
Chriasas

PostSubject: Re: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime7/30/2009, 6:42 am

I use a 2007 era 15 inch Macbook Pro. It works fine except for Dalaran; in retrospect I wish I went with the 256MB 8600M instead of the 128MB 8600M. I plug it into a 22 inch monitor and I'm good to go.

If you're a gamer that plays WoW, go with a PC. If you're a non-gamer that plays WoW, I'd recommend something like a Macbook Pro or a 22 inch iMac with upgraded graphics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eastcoastwinegeeks.com
muhtaL
Listener
muhtaL

PostSubject: Re: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime8/16/2009, 5:57 pm

PC here. I've got a 4 year old Dell XPS with an upgraded GPU and other than the fact it takes forever to load and just the normal windows bloat it's worked pretty well.

As for the whole Mac vs. PC debate..just like Stompalina on 3.2 I'll just have to say "meh."

--m
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Platform Do You Use?   What Platform Do You Use? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Platform Do You Use?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rawrcast Discussion Forums :: The Show :: Discussion Topics-
Jump to: