Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

DKs are OP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Karazak
Listener

PostSubject: DKs are OP   5/6/2009, 7:40 am

Leveling my DK has been very interesting. I believe I have used some bandages, but for the most part I just destroy anything near me. It is kind of nice not having to look for other people to do a "group" quest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whisp3rbl4d3
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   5/6/2009, 6:57 pm

What spec are you leveling with? When I was leveling Unholy with my human DK I rarely had downtime because of the bonus healing done from all the disease damage & Death Strike. I haven't really played my rerolled Tauren DK since about a week after 3.1 went live. I did have fun as a Frost DPS spec before they nerfed the tree and put howling blast at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hafrot
Host

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   5/9/2009, 4:08 am

I leveled unholy and can't remember the last time I died during a quest. To be honest, as long as you take it easy and make sure to use Death strike at every opportunity, there isn't much you cant solo regardless of your spec.

My favorite thing to do now is to drop in where Chillmaw spawns in Icecrown (for the Threat From Above quest) and solo him while a group of Alliance stand there and wait for me. I even had a group of 7 or 8 of them laughing at me when I pulled him and they sat there making rude gestures at me while I burned him and his 3 adds down.. then I laughed at them and flew off.

It's a nice change from my squishy old priest from back in the day. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rawrcast.com
Karazak
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   5/12/2009, 11:52 am

I leveled Blood, and I put every point I could into HP abilities. It seemed like I was gaining HP during fights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herc
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   5/12/2009, 5:18 pm

I'm currently still in the leveling process myself, and I'm running with a Blood/Unholy hybrid of wanton destruction. The Smack is Laid Down hard and often. Cool

I don't know if we're OP, but we're definitely P.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hercmerc.wordpress.com/
Karazak
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   5/15/2009, 1:26 pm

So I dinged 80 on my DK, and thought maybe I will give heroics a shot. Who cares if I am in quest blues? maybe someone will carry me so I can get some good gear.

....... Yeah...... I have yet to be the lowest DPS of the 3 DPS. I have done better than some epic'd out peeps. The only answer I can give is that they suck. Thanks to some purps I crank out 2k DPS on bosses, but some of these "Epic" players can't seem to break 1700. I think some people need to read up on their classes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herc
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/1/2009, 10:30 pm

Funny questing story.

I don't recall the name of the quest, but you pick it up in Dragonblight around lv 73. At least, that's what level I was when I got it. You have to defeat three elites, or at least they showed up as elites when you click on them. Anyway, the first one that happened to be closest to the Wyrmrest Temple was one of the skeletal Wyrms that fly around in the sky north of the temple around Galakrond's Rest. I target one as it flies by, burn down this elite mob, and notice I didn't get quest credit for it. Did it again, same result.

Then I read the quest text. I was to use an item to disempower the mob, changing it from elite to normal. Shocked

I'd essentially solo killed this beast on Hard mode. Cool

Yes, DK's may have Rune Power, but those runes are filled with win. What a Face
Back to top Go down
DiRTY iRiSH
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/10/2009, 1:25 pm

:D just hit 77 this morning on mine and im almost certain! so certain, that i may have to shelf my warrior for a long while. need to mess around with the frost spec a lil more to understand a lil better. But unholy and blood specs are so full of win its sick...overpowered, hell ya they are. but at the same time im totally twinked out for the level im at anyway, so its hard to really tell. but im sure balancing will be hitting us alot here and there over the next few months, maybe even longer.

too much QQ tho over this awesome class, lighten up and have some fun for gods sake lol. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/lunacy22
Hafrot
Host

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/10/2009, 1:39 pm

DiRTY iRiSH wrote:
:D just hit 77 this morning on mine and im almost certain! so certain, that i may have to shelf my warrior for a long while. need to mess around with the frost spec a lil more to understand a lil better. But unholy and blood specs are so full of win its sick...overpowered, hell ya they are. but at the same time im totally twinked out for the level im at anyway, so its hard to really tell. but im sure balancing will be hitting us alot here and there over the next few months, maybe even longer.

too much QQ tho over this awesome class, lighten up and have some fun for gods sake lol. Rolling Eyes

Grats on your ding!

Yeah, the balancing thing is going to be happening for awhile. I don't see many more real nerfs coming in the near future, but there definitely will be some buffs coming to other classes to try to level the field some more. As to your gear... it's only going to get better and your damage is only going to improve along with it. I love my dk to the point where I can't bring myself to level my druid past 74. And that toon is REALLY fun to play.

I agree folks should stop with the QQ and commence with the pew pew... but I usually say that till a ret pally blows me up in 3 seconds in Wintergrasp. Smile
Back to top Go down
Skullkrusher
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/12/2009, 10:05 am

Dk's maybe OP....but if you dont know what your doing...they arent...and thanks to Haf, i know alot more about it and i do a hell of alot better on my DPS with his help on my spec/rotation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hafrot
Host

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/12/2009, 11:12 am

Necroghoul wrote:
Dk's maybe OP....but if you dont know what your doing...they arent...and thanks to Haf, i know alot more about it and i do a hell of alot better on my DPS with his help on my spec/rotation

Are you trying to get in my pants? ...cuz it's working. Razz
Back to top Go down
DiRTY iRiSH
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/12/2009, 12:06 pm

:D im just glad i took the time to learn the class. i just need to get used to the frost spec now to get a grasp on the damn thing and rotations for it as well, but ding 78 homies! and of course he has his six piece set bonus already for his savage saronite set thx to my blacksmith...i swear blacksmithing best thing i ever did was get it up 375 b4 wrath hit, and it was WAY too easy to max it out in wrath. guardians and destroyers for all! lol i miss that mad rush when wrath hit.

ill hit 80 this weekend...then i get to save a shiiiiiiit ton on G to get my riding on, which i may add, im actually trying to get to 80 with no flyer. i have the G but im just seeing if i can skip over storm peaks and icecrown, should be no problem since im a big fan of lfg and pugging. dks own...i swear to fuckin god, they own.
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/12/2009, 12:09 pm

I had flying skill at 77, but honestly, I hit 80 just as I was starting Storm Peaks so I'm sure if you instance much, you'll be fine without it.
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/12/2009, 12:20 pm

DiRTY iRiSH wrote:
i swear blacksmithing best thing i ever did was get it up 375 b4 wrath hit, and it was WAY too easy to max it out in wrath.

My old druid, Hafrack, had mining and herbalism on him, so I used the mining to save up all the ores I needed to power level BS to 375 on my DK when Wrath hit. The thing was, by saving up the ores without switching them to bars (which would have saved alot of space), I was able to power level my mining just by smelting the ore into bars (aside from a few points here and there) at the same time I was leveling BS. It was awesome. So once I had my DK to 68 (and ready to head to Northrend) I already had my mining AND BS ready to go for cobalt. I also made some things that I was able to save up for, like the Swiftsteel Shoulders and Bloodmoon. It was nice having those since I couldn't really replace them till much later (well into mid 70's for each, I believe).

A little planning definitely goes a long way.

BTW, grats on 78!!!
Back to top Go down
Skullkrusher
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/12/2009, 12:32 pm

Hafrot wrote:
Necroghoul wrote:

Are you trying to get in my pants? ...cuz it's working. Razz

MAAYBE Razz....but whos checking? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DiRTY iRiSH
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/12/2009, 12:53 pm

^^^^ can i get in on all that action....im a big fan of sword fights
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/12/2009, 1:52 pm

Let's GET IT ON!!

Back to top Go down
Skullkrusher
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/12/2009, 2:13 pm

PMSL....HAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DiRTY iRiSH
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/16/2009, 11:48 am

:D bAM!!! level 80 Death knight!

i finally hit it on sunday knight with no flyer in utgarde pinnacle and it was magical!
NOW begins gearin up...and of cours ei wanted to just be a dpser, but tanking is in my blood so ive started on my set already..14 points away from D cap so i feel good. Threat on a dk is just insane and makes me wanna never ever tank on warrior again lol.

I picked up my duel spec and went with a blood/unholy build for my deeps and a frost/blood spec for tankin and i have to say im really really liking frost. thank god for my warrior blacksmith as well cause its nice day 1 80 and u got 3 epics on ya lol.

im really looking forward to continuing on gearing this guy up and now im already leveling my mage again as well who is 71...i really do not need multiple 80s but fro some reason i just feel like its a need i have to complete...and a 60 shammy just chiilen with duel spec and waiting for a tanker to heal through BC content lol.

too much to do in this game, and people are thinking about another MMO? trippin lol
Back to top Go down
Skullkrusher
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/16/2009, 2:44 pm

gratz on 80!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hafrot
Host

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/16/2009, 4:04 pm

DiRTY iRiSH wrote:
:D bAM!!! level 80 Death knight!

i finally hit it on sunday knight with no flyer in utgarde pinnacle and it was magical!
NOW begins gearin up...and of cours ei wanted to just be a dpser, but tanking is in my blood so ive started on my set already..14 points away from D cap so i feel good. Threat on a dk is just insane and makes me wanna never ever tank on warrior again lol.

I picked up my duel spec and went with a blood/unholy build for my deeps and a frost/blood spec for tankin and i have to say im really really liking frost. thank god for my warrior blacksmith as well cause its nice day 1 80 and u got 3 epics on ya lol.

im really looking forward to continuing on gearing this guy up and now im already leveling my mage again as well who is 71...i really do not need multiple 80s but fro some reason i just feel like its a need i have to complete...and a 60 shammy just chiilen with duel spec and waiting for a tanker to heal through BC content lol.

too much to do in this game, and people are thinking about another MMO? trippin lol

Grats on 80!!

And yeah, DK threat is awesome and still (even after the nerfs) have really good cooldowns. I was a hateful eater on Patchwerk and pulled him off of our Paladin main tank, which is no mean feat. I was tapping 10k threat per second... it was sick.
Back to top Go down
Skullkrusher
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/19/2009, 11:38 am

so after reading all those changes to the DK...im lost for words...seems pretty substantial if you ask me....but we all will just have to wait and see i guess

i hate when people QQ about stuff and always get their way...

"ZomG i died to DK's all the time in BGS they need nerfed..."...do what every other person does and go roll that class u get killed by :D..simple enough
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herc
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/19/2009, 12:29 pm

Necroghoul wrote:
so after reading all those changes to the DK...im lost for words...seems pretty substantial if you ask me....but we all will just have to wait and see i guess
Amen to that. I tend to feel that kick in the stomach when I read PTR patch notes, but then I talk myself off the ledge by accepting that this is just testing. They are not necessarily going live to the extent that they are on the PTR.
Back to top Go down
NeoGraim
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/19/2009, 2:44 pm

I've gone through the DK starting story a good 8 times but never leveled a DK past 60 lol. I'm working on it, but my Net is having issues right now. It keeps DCing for some reason... I'm gonna go find out what's wrong on a tech forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skullkrusher
Listener

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   6/19/2009, 3:15 pm

The Rokk wrote:
Necroghoul wrote:
Amen to that. I tend to feel that kick in the stomach when I read PTR patch notes, but then I talk myself off the ledge by accepting that this is just testing. They are not necessarily going live to the extent that they are on the PTR.

yeah thats true its not a definate yet...hopefully they will change it up abit...but with all the people QQing about DKs i seriously doubt it...just a never ending cycle..they will buff us next time around..i mean shit they nerfed Fury Warriors to the ground...then they rebuffed so WHO KNOWS...damn it lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DKs are OP   

Back to top Go down

DKs are OP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rawrcast Discussion Forums :: In-Game :: Class Discussions-
Jump to: