Rawrcast Discussion Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots Welcome to Naxxramas. Meetup_logo_1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Welcome to Naxxramas.

Go down 
+2
Stumpalina
MAXPOWER
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MAXPOWER
Listener
MAXPOWER

Welcome to Naxxramas. Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Naxxramas.   Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime5/8/2009, 9:18 am

So, our little guild picked up a few stragglers from LFG and PUGd Naxx last night. It was the first time several of us had been inside Naxx. It was a lot of fun, but I gotta tell ya.... it pretty much looks like every other instance when all I'm looking at is my healing grid.

I just started healing about 3 mos. ago and I love it! Its the most fun I've had in Wow. Its fast and challenging and if I screw up, everybody dies.

I just wish there was a way to make it feel less like whack-a-mole and allow me to heal efficiently by actually watching the in-game graphics instead of Grid (or Healbot, etc).

Has anyone seen healing done better in another game or have any ideas as to how Blizz could improve this aspect of the game? I've been trying to brainstorm some ideas for my own curiosity, but have come up dry.
Back to top Go down
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Naxxramas.   Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime5/8/2009, 9:37 am

You are using clique, right?

Beyond that, mana management is a huge part of healing... from what I remember in early Naxx. It is like a little meta game that you can never win.
Back to top Go down
http://rawrcast.com
Stupid Mage
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Naxxramas.   Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime5/8/2009, 2:54 pm

You could try to heal via graphics but that is extremely difficult.

while you might be able to time heals on your tank by watching the boss swing, watching what happens to the rest of the raid would be near impossible via graphics alone.

I'd see trash as being hard too as the Tank is often surrounded so you don't know how hard he's being hit at any given time.

I suppose you could try turning on the health bars with V.

To be honest, trying to heal with the above method is going to get somebody dead.
Back to top Go down
Karazak
Listener
Karazak

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Naxxramas.   Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime5/8/2009, 6:40 pm

I healed for a long time in BC. I loved the guaranteed raid slot, but DPS and tanking are both much more fun.
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Naxxramas.   Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime5/9/2009, 4:34 am

I'm not sure there are many good options in regards to different ways to heal. To be honest, between the number of raiders, the ridiculous spell graphics and the size of the areas you are dealing with and no collision detection on the characters (i.e. one player standing in anothers character model), targetting player characters in game would be a near impossibility in some cases.

Beyond that, things like Grid or even the regular UI frames, give you a relatively consistent view of the damage coming in which makes it feel more comfortable when the stuff hits the fan. "OMG I couldn't see you get hit with that boulder because there was a bonfire right between us!"

I healed MC and BWL when raids were 40 man and our frame options were a bit less varied. To be honest, I had never seen most of BWL till I ran it on my Death knight to get the achievements for those runs. That is a part of the reason I switched to a dps/tank class. I feel like I am a little more in control of my characters involvement in the game and not just playing whack a mole for loot. "Just playing whack-a-mole"... understatement of the century.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawrcast.com
MAXPOWER
Listener
MAXPOWER

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Naxxramas.   Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime5/15/2009, 8:23 pm

Yeah, I'm using a Clique and Grid setup and it works great. I like it better than any of the previous mods/frames I've used. I'm just trying to imagine something else. Something new. Something that I'm sure doesn't exist. Its one of the things I loved about my enhancement shaman. I was right in the middle and I got to actual see everything that was going on. I love healing. I just miss the view.
Back to top Go down
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Naxxramas.   Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime5/16/2009, 12:35 am

I finally installed and tried healbot. I felt like I was betraying grid, but I was up to try something new since I was becoming bored with healing, and I think it was the BLA of grid.

So far, i am totally digging healbot. And, i am thinking of writing more about what I am liking about healbot vs. grid.
Back to top Go down
salima
Listener
salima

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Naxxramas.   Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime5/16/2009, 1:33 am

I am one of those people that are against healbot...
Back to top Go down
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Naxxramas.   Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime5/16/2009, 11:05 am

I used to be too. It got a bad rap for being one-button rank picking back in the day, but that mechanic no longer exists.
Back to top Go down
Karazak
Listener
Karazak

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Naxxramas.   Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime5/18/2009, 4:52 pm

Healing as a Holy Pally in BC with Healbot was probably the least challenging experience of my life.

Left click, Left click, Left click, Left click, Left click, Left click, Left click, Left click, Left click, Left click, Left click, Left click, Left click, Left click, Left click, Left click, uh oh better right click, Left click, Left click, Left click.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Naxxramas.   Welcome to Naxxramas. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Naxxramas.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rawrcast Discussion Forums :: In-Game :: General Discussion-
Jump to: