Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

The art of convincing parents, without alcohol

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edderf
Listener

PostSubject: The art of convincing parents, without alcohol   5/19/2009, 8:07 am

Hey guys!

I was wondering if any of you (kids / parent) would want to give me any advice on how to convince my parents to allow me to raid on weekdays.

Btw, my parents suck. It took a huge amount of negociation for them to allow me to even stay up on weekends. So, this could prove to be a hard nut to crack! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salima
Listener

PostSubject: Re: The art of convincing parents, without alcohol   5/19/2009, 8:14 am

I can only think of one thing and it is HARD
get good grades
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stumpalina
Host

PostSubject: Re: The art of convincing parents, without alcohol   5/19/2009, 8:45 am

It is almost summer, school will be out, and weekdays shouldn't be much of an issue. Until then, you really should listen to your parental units. They are doing what is best for you. Teenagers need lot of sleep. It has been proven by some medical thingie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rawrcast.com
salima
Listener

PostSubject: Re: The art of convincing parents, without alcohol   5/19/2009, 9:04 am

and how many teenagers get that sleep, realy?
im a teen and i sleep about 7-8 hours
on school nights
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edderf
Listener

PostSubject: Re: The art of convincing parents, without alcohol   5/19/2009, 9:06 am

It would look really wierd in an application to a raidguild tough. "I can raid for ten weeks then i'll just be social and raid for sometime"
Don't think anyone would accept that from hearing you guys talk about consistency

Last edited by Edderf on 5/19/2009, 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salima
Listener

PostSubject: Re: The art of convincing parents, without alcohol   5/19/2009, 9:07 am

you have to find a good guild
i can only play wow on weekends and holidays
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stumpalina
Host

PostSubject: Re: The art of convincing parents, without alcohol   5/19/2009, 9:39 am

There are guilds that only raid on weekends. You can make that work for you and your parents. Or, maybe meet in the middle and ask them for one school night a every week, or once a month. As long as you stick to your schedule, it goes a long way to instill trust with both your parents and your guild.

You can even use a suggestion we had on a previous show, team up with someone of the same class/spec to share a raid spot. Alternate raid nights. Just as long as you discuss it with your guild leadership and they understand the arrangement you have made, it is a good option for both you and your counterpart.
Back to top Go down
salima
Listener

PostSubject: Re: The art of convincing parents, without alcohol   5/19/2009, 11:20 am

hey stomp, does your son play wow?
if so, how do you parent him about it
if not, get him into it Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stumpalina
Host

PostSubject: Re: The art of convincing parents, without alcohol   5/19/2009, 11:43 am

He was on restriction from video games and computers for 3 months, and he finally stopped bugging us to play. Now, it has started up again. Thing is, we only have two PCs. We have a third, Haf's old PC, but we don't have a desk. We are working on getting him set up so we can all play together, make an afternoon out of it. As it stands, only one of us can play with him at a time, and it is basically drawing straws to see who will read crap to him and keep him alive for a couple of hours.

He is learning the mechanics of the game pretty quickly, and master the detailed intricacies of the Hunter class in under 20 minutes. I keed.... it was more like 15.

His PC will come, all in due time. He is a responsible kid, and he deserves to enjoy our hobby with us!
Back to top Go down
salima
Listener

PostSubject: Re: The art of convincing parents, without alcohol   5/19/2009, 12:53 pm

ok, i have decided...when i marry...my wife MUST be a gamer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DraftingDave
Listener

PostSubject: Re: The art of convincing parents, without alcohol   8/7/2009, 1:56 pm

salima wrote:
ok, i have decided...when i marry...my wife MUST be a gamer

I said that too, but i settled for a Woman that is ok with me casually gaming. But she's beautiful and kind. Not that woman who game aren't (hides from Stomp) ... i just couldn't find one. I guess they're all in Texas

But you DO need to make sure she understands everyone needs to have some "ME" time (her too). We're turning the den in our new place to my Man Room. My couch, coffee table, 52" LCD are all going in there. I think she just really want to put all my crap in one room so it doesn't ruin the decorations of the rest of the place... but that's fine with me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herc
Listener

PostSubject: Re: The art of convincing parents, without alcohol   8/7/2009, 11:52 pm

If you want to play the game, you're going to have to "play the game."

Cover your bases during the week. If there are chores your parents ask you to do during the week, get them done early. Schedule some time outside. Make sure all your bases are covered. That way, when you ask for game time for raiding during the week, you've taken away any excuse they might have to keep you from doing it.

Essentially, you're going to have to earn the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hercmerc.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The art of convincing parents, without alcohol   

Back to top Go down

The art of convincing parents, without alcohol
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1