Rawrcast Discussion Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Meetup_logo_1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!

Go down 
+5
one_entity
GlockGlock
Kharne
Kendall213
dragos_kai
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dragos_kai
Listener
dragos_kai

Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Empty
PostSubject: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/10/2009, 4:07 pm

Just letting all those who browse these forums knowing, that I was banned from MMO-Champion for supporting the RAWR, as Stomp said on Twitter, isn't it the entire point of community sites to help others? Is it that important that they remain #1? What is the harm in supporting others sites? If they are #1, sending people to support the RAWR would be easy! BUT NO! They choose to ban a user, who has been on their site for quite some time, for trying to help someone out.

Boycott-able? probably not... pissed me off? FUCK YEAH!

Wanted to vent, hard to type my mind while at work.

FUCK THAT boycott their asses! Anti-community site!:Flipping with

OK Now that I have thought about everything, am in less of an inflamatroy mood thanks to my darling wife, who is also boycotting them now.

AHEM

In a site of "NURF DK!" "WOW IZ TEW EZ MODE!" and assorted "nub" comments flying around. An atempt to spread the community to other sources, this is wrong? I think not. A small-ish community of this size could use some love. Stomp and Haf give a unique perspective to the wow community, and I feel this is wrong to deny others for seeing/hearing it. It's not like people would stop going to mmo champ because of this. This rule is completely ludicrous and needs to be changed.

Last edited by dragos_kai on 7/10/2009, 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kendall213
Listener
Kendall213

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/10/2009, 5:10 pm

Well thats one less site I will be visiting every day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/deathwray
Kharne
Listener
Kharne

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/10/2009, 6:58 pm

Boycot!!!
Back to top Go down
dragos_kai
Listener
dragos_kai

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/10/2009, 7:17 pm

That's what I'm talking about!
Back to top Go down
GlockGlock
Rawr Supporter
GlockGlock

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/11/2009, 12:57 am

Just curious what your post said, was it a reply or did you start your own thread, and what section was it in?
Back to top Go down
one_entity
Listener
one_entity

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/11/2009, 1:44 am

GlockGlock wrote:
Just curious what your post said, was it a reply or did you start your own thread, and what section was it in?

this.

Sorry, I may be wrong about this, but I find it hard to believe that mmo-champion would ban you just for talking about/supporting the Rawrcast. Especially, concerning this "#1" business, the Rawrcast is not a competition for mmo-champion, they don't do the same stuff.
Stomp wasn't banned for this post http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=58800.0
Back to top Go down
Emaynard
Listener
Emaynard

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/11/2009, 7:27 am

I rarely use MMO Champion, and mostly use WoW.com (easier to navigate, dont have to search through billions of threads to find news) and I suggest every one else use WoW.com

To MMO Champion...Shove it!
Back to top Go down
one_entity
Listener
one_entity

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/11/2009, 8:02 am

Emaynard wrote:
I rarely use MMO Champion, and mostly use WoW.com (easier to navigate, dont have to search through billions of threads to find news) and I suggest every one else use WoW.com

To MMO Champion...Shove it!

Yeah, but MMO-Champion is probably the fastest site out there there is concerning updates of WoW (at least that I know of).
I visit WoW.com as much as I visit MMO-Champion but I don't see either site as a competition for the other. More often than not wow.com posts it's stuff (concering patches etc.) after MMO-Champion posts it, maybe even gets their info from them in the first place. Also, I don't see how you have to search through billions of threads forthe NEWS if it's right there on the front page.

Until both sides of this thing have had their say (the original post as well as the reasons of the mmo-champion moderator/admin whatever for the ban) I won't stop visiting mmo-champion. For all we know he could have written something along the lines of "fuck you mmo-champion, rawrcast is better!". Still not a reason for a ban but would cast a whole other light on the whole "I was banned for doing something innocent" thing.
Back to top Go down
dragos_kai
Listener
dragos_kai

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/11/2009, 9:58 am

GlockGlock wrote:

I made my own post in the general discussion thread, just saying "Not going to or ordering Blizzcon? Listen to Rawrcast." Along those lines. No cursing, no flaming, not even saying the rawr is "the best" podcast, said they are a great podcast. I tired to stay PC while spreading the links to rawrcast.
Back to top Go down
Boubouille
Listener
Boubouille

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/11/2009, 10:19 am

Hi!

Someone took the time to mail me about this topic so I guess I can take the time to clarify.

You didn't get banned for advertising rawrcast, you got banned because you registered ONLY to advertise rawrcast and did a topic with one line of text just for that.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=84950;sa=summary
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/july/dragos_kai.jpg

Date Registered: July 10, 2009, 05:01:36 pm
Last Active: July 10, 2009, 05:31:24 pm

I'm afraid that 30 minutes on the site and 0 posts (posts in a trash can aren't counted toward the post count) doesn't qualify you as a long-time reader. It's never fun to ban people but if I asked my mods to let everyone out there register on the forum just to posts topics to advertise every site out there my forums would be a war zone.
Back to top Go down
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/11/2009, 10:33 am

Fair point - thank you for the clarification. So, if you care enough to Spread the Rawr, use sites that you typically would visit.
Back to top Go down
http://rawrcast.com
Boubouille
Listener
Boubouille

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/11/2009, 10:35 am

Actually it's not even that, I already allowed people to register just to advertise their site when they asked in PM first and did a nice and clear post about what they do. There is no harm in spreading new content, the problem is how you do it.
Back to top Go down
Kendall213
Listener
Kendall213

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/11/2009, 10:44 am

Boubouille wrote:
Hi!

Someone took the time to mail me about this topic so I guess I can take the time to clarify.

You didn't get banned for advertising rawrcast, you got banned because you registered ONLY to advertise rawrcast and did a topic with one line of text just for that.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=84950;sa=summary
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/july/dragos_kai.jpg

Date Registered: July 10, 2009, 05:01:36 pm
Last Active: July 10, 2009, 05:31:24 pm

I'm afraid that 30 minutes on the site and 0 posts (posts in a trash can aren't counted toward the post count) doesn't qualify you as a long-time reader
. It's never fun to ban people but if I asked my mods to let everyone out there register on the forum just to posts topics to advertise every site out there my forums would be a war zone.

So because someone isn't registered to use your forums they can't be considered a long time reader of your site? I knew I was doing something wrong!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/deathwray
Boubouille
Listener
Boubouille

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/11/2009, 10:46 am

Oh yeah, use words against me just because I took 5 minutes post between 2 PTR scans to write a post to explain the issue.
Back to top Go down
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/11/2009, 10:55 am

We agree entirely. Thank you for taking the time to clarify your position.
Back to top Go down
http://rawrcast.com
dragos_kai
Listener
dragos_kai

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/11/2009, 4:36 pm

To clarify: I have been a long time READER, as I said, I have been reading for over 2 years now.A warning would have sufficed. I still feel being banned being ridiculous. A warning would not have toted this kind of post.
Back to top Go down
one_entity
Listener
one_entity

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/12/2009, 2:23 am

Oh c'mon, let it go.
Substitute"reader" with "writer" or "poster" and it should be clear what he meant.
Registering to do one post, maybe the same multiple times, often some advertisment like you did, is exactly how a bot behaves.
Would you want him or anyone running forums for that matter to write nice little e-mails to the thousands of spam-bots first? No you want them to get banned.

Honestly, if you had a few other posts, as little as 3 or something, that had normal content, you contributing to some discussion on their forums in some way, do you think he would have banned you immediately as well?
I'm positive he/they wold have sent you that warning e-mail first concerning this matter.
But seeing that you registered just for this one purpose, this one post, to what other conclusion could they come than that you're a bot or spammer or something, and act accordingly?
Promoting the Rawrcast is a nice intent, but you went about it the wrong way and faced the consequences. Stop (sorry) bitching around about it.
Back to top Go down
DraftingDave
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime7/14/2009, 5:08 pm

one_entity wrote:

Promoting the Rawrcast is a nice intent, but you went about it the wrong way and faced the consequences. Stop (sorry) bitching around about it.

/agree.

Although I think ideally it would be nice if MMO Champ had an automated Temp Suspension and E-mail to explain why. Rather than a Ban Hammer to the face. But also huge respect to MMO Champ for responding to whoever e-mailed them about this thread. Especially right now when i'm sure it's fairly hectic w/ all the data mining going on.

As far as not needing to be a long time Poster to be a long time Reader, although that may be true; unless MMO Champ records every IP that ever visits the site (would love to read that list Sleep ) there is no other way for them to tell that you're not a Bot other than how many creditable posts you've made. Actually hats off to the moderator that flagged your post in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!   Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banned from MMO champ for supporting the RAWR!
Page 1 of 1