Rawrcast Discussion Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Meetup_logo_1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aellerian
Blog Contributor
Aellerian

What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm?   What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime8/29/2009, 3:22 pm

This has been a question bugging me for a while now and I had assumed from what I heard in the Blizzcon stream is that they will use the phasing system to the max with the new content. What i get from this is totally different than what most people are speculating. Here is what I understand from using the phasing system and the reasons behind it. I see levels 1-75 being Phased totaly. 1-75 you will see the exact same thing we see now. Once you hit 75(?) boom the world blows up and when you go back to the normal lands its all effed up. THis way they dont have to explain it to a new person coming into the game. They dont have to change the leveling of 1-60 they dont have to do anything. They just have to effect the people who have purchased the expansion. There are deffinatly quests that take you from one side of the barrens to the other and if its split in half how is that going to work? It wouldnt. It would take too much work for Blizz to make all new quests for all those levels. How is a level 35 going to quest though southshore if the horde own it? Not going to happen. That is a huge questing hub. It will most likley be phased. A level 78+ or 75 whatever level they choose will see it totally different than a level 30.

Anyways tell me your thoughts on this.
Back to top Go down
Foofy
Listener
Foofy

PostSubject: Re: What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm?   What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime8/29/2009, 3:34 pm

They already said they wouldn't be using the phasing system. Pretty much all old content is gone as soon as the xpac happens. New characters will have to level in said new lands, not see a phased version of it.
Back to top Go down
Aellerian
Blog Contributor
Aellerian

PostSubject: Re: What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm?   What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime8/29/2009, 3:38 pm

really? I guess I missed that part
Back to top Go down
Aellerian
Blog Contributor
Aellerian

PostSubject: Re: What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm?   What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime8/29/2009, 3:48 pm

where is that stated just for my own info? Ill scan wow.com too but ive only heard a bunch of uncertanty with what they are going to do.
Back to top Go down
Foofy
Listener
Foofy

PostSubject: Re: What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm?   What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime8/29/2009, 6:57 pm

If I recall, it was at blizzcon they said they wouldn't phase. They wanted everyone to experience it. So everyone who starts a new character will see what other players see. They wanted to redo the quests and whatnot for awhile now due to wanting people to get through vanilla wow quickly. This is probably their reason.
Back to top Go down
Herc
Listener
Herc

PostSubject: Re: What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm?   What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime8/30/2009, 7:57 pm

Blizzard has stated that you won't need to purchase the new expansion for the revamped 1-60 zones. Those will be part of the standard game. The world as we know it now will be forever changed once Cataclysm launches. Phased instances will only be used with the new races, in their individual introduction zones.
Back to top Go down
http://hercmerc.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm?   What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think will happen with the old land in Cataclysm?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rawrcast Discussion Forums :: In-Game :: General Discussion-
Jump to: