Rawrcast Discussion Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Meetup_logo_1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellbirth
Listener

Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Empty
PostSubject: Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS..   Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime4/20/2009, 3:44 pm

Ive been playing WoW since beta but I cant seem to really get "into" it. Meaning I just dont remember the little things that seperate good players from great players. I had a warrior as a main but hated how you were a good dps and sucked at tanking or a good tank but sucked at dps. DK's do both very well IMO..

So I have a 80 DK and was Blood/Frost for a long time. Not the patch came out I have a Blood/unholy build for dps and a Frost/blood build for tanking.. The tanking part is going well.. I am good at that.. But the dps just isn't as high as I know it should be. I have all epic gear, most from Naxx.. All are gemmed/enchanted.. But I only pull about 2.3 to 2.8k in average. I have seen other DK's pull 3k easy.. Anyone have a build tip for DPS? I see some using unholy but they dont include a reccomended rotation and I have never really dabbled into unholy.. Please feel free to Armory my char and give tips/advice..

Thank you,
Hellbirth

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS..   Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime4/20/2009, 5:44 pm

www.skeletonjack.com !!!!

He has a great site with a TON in regards to DPS specs/rotations/glyphs. He's also started dabbling in some tank info if you ever are looking for some ideas there. This is a great 3.1 post he has about different specs and rotations. He even breaks it down by AoE pulls and single target. It really takes out the guess work for you and gives you a good idea for some productive DPS.

I was never able to get the dps numbers out of some of the specs he has, but if one you use doesn't work for you, you definitely have options.

Hope this helps,
Haf
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawrcast.com
Hellbirth
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS..   Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime4/20/2009, 6:03 pm

Thanks! I will check that out and see if I can tweek my spec a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Damerae
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS..   Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 1:56 pm

Just cause I'm looking for somewhere to type, I will respond here. z.z

So yeah, SJ totally has tons of information. It's a pretty useful site. To answer a question you posted right here, for most standard 2H Unholy Rotations you'll use:

IT-PS-SS-BS-BS-UB -> SS-SS-SS-DC Dump

There are a few rules though:

1. Don't ever cap on RP. The the next attack would cap you, Death Coil (Or UB if it needs refreshing).
2. If your diseases are about to run out, replace the first or second SS with IT-PS. Don't get caught with no diseases and two blood runes! Razz
3. Use Blood Tap + Ghoul Frenzy when possible.

While my main is a mage, I dabble quite a bit with my Death Knight. I've seen decent success with a deep Frost build. I'm sure you can find a build easily on SJ or even EJ. It's something like 17/51/3 Or 13/51/7. The rotation here would look something like:

PS-IT-OB-BS-BS-FS Dump -> OB-OB-OB-FS Dump

There's been some debate on which presence to use, but I recommend trying both and seeing your DPS. I've gotten like 3.3k in Unholy on a dummy. Also, it's worth noting that since so much damage comes from FS, the T7 4pc is quite strong here. Also, if you happen to get the new sigil from XT-Deconstructor that is preferred.

I don't enjoy Blood so I don't have much to say there. ^^;; If you have any other questions I'll do my best to answer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS..   Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just cant figure out the "best" build for DPS..
Page 1 of 1