Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Shaman help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
salima
Listener

PostSubject: Shaman help   4/21/2009, 2:23 am

my main is a shaman and i feel pretty confident with all 3 specs (elemental, enhancement, resto) but i get the feeling im missing something for not understanding it
and i do not like spamming chain heal for a living!!

is there anywhere i can get help with shamans
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Damerae
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Shaman help   4/21/2009, 1:05 pm

Well, if you mean specifically Restoration, then sadly spamming Chain Heal is in your future. It's an incredibly efficient spell for Shammies and their defining healing spell. This is stuff like Riptide to mix it up a -little-, but Shaman just excel at raid healing with Chain Heal + Glyph. Elemental isn't too varied either. It's mostly Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst with Chain Lightning in between when needed. Enhancement is prolly the most varied of all the specs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zorgoff
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Shaman help   4/21/2009, 10:26 pm

Yep... Resto is pretty much putting an earth shield on the tank and spamming chain heals keeping your water shield up to supply you with more mana... As far as elemental, it is more fun but pretty simplistic. Basically you wanna hit em with a flame shock, then hit em with the lava burst this alone will put out a ton of damage. Then from there you just hit em with a chain lightning and then lightning bolt 2x chain lightning again, then repeat from flame shock. Well, at least thats how I do it and I get pretty good results... When you do this make sure you have the flametongue weaponbuff, and there are a few helpful glyphs like the flametongue weapon glyph, glyph of lava or something like that (make sure its not the lava lash one lol) and also the flame shock glyph... enhancement shamans are pretty simplistic too but ill leave that to someone else as i mostly ventured into the elemental and resto side of the shaman...

Zorgoff (80)
Lightbringer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Osis
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Shaman help   6/11/2009, 12:31 pm

I just started a new shammy to level on Earthen Ring, having never played the class past lvl 15 before, and man, there is like zero info out there on the dps specs. All I've found out is to level Enhancement to 60 and then switch to Elemental if that's where you want to end up. very little else out there on talent trees. There's a thread on EJ that I haven't delved into yet, but I usually like to have a counterbalance to them, and there's just nothing. Flame Shock looks like it might be the best option, but from what I've seen it's pretty focused on end game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zorgoff
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Shaman help   6/16/2009, 10:58 pm

Honestly I would level enhance until 80. Especially with dual spec, you can level both ways. I would quest enhance and do instances as elem. With malestorm weapon you can keep yourself healed extremely easily and the ghost wolves do crazy damage. Elemental is a little more squishy cuz sometimes the cloth gear is better then some of the mail. Wowwiki doesnt have too bad of talent builds if that is what you are looking for... If you need a build you can try mine... Zorgoff from US lightbinger... I should be the only 80... hopefully that somewhat helps...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hafrot
Host

PostSubject: Re: Shaman help   6/17/2009, 10:00 am

This is fortuitous... we have a shaman friend coming on the show in the next couple of weeks. Smile

I know nothing about them aside from my ghoul loves to stomp their totemz in WG!! hehe

So, he should be able to help with questions. I will pass along the stuff from this thread and see what he has to say and maybe if you guys have more questions, we can chat about it when he's on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rawrcast.com
Heavygear
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Shaman help   6/18/2009, 9:07 am

Hafrot wrote:
This is fortuitous... we have a shaman friend coming on the show in the next couple of weeks. Smile
Good to hear!
I'm a little bored with my warrior, so I'm leveling a shaman alt.
I was told to level as enhancement and duel-wield @ 40. My "plan" is to cut my teeth on healing from 70-80 (dual-spec FTW), with lofty hopes of raid healing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Javaturd
Listener

PostSubject: Re: Shaman help   7/2/2009, 10:06 pm

Well, I hate to throw a kink in the chain (fuck yes pun) but Naxx chain heal fests are over. I did the first half of ulduar 10 last night and had 40% lesser healing waves and about 26% Chain heal and still did 40% of the healing (it was a pug with 3 healers). Thats including fights like Razorscale and Kolo that have pretty decent raid damage. With the LHW glyph, a LHW+riptide on a tank heals for a pretty significant amount. I crit for almost 10k on my earth shield targets plus ancestral awakenings almost every other LHW. Yes, there are fights that are very favorable for chain heal, but honestly until 3.2 with the range changes and healing decrease per jump changed, chain heal will remain situational as opposed to the only real healing spell for shaman in BC.

It was difficult for me to adjust in the beginning (lolwut i have other spells i can cast), but IMO its more fun to heal this way. Plus, if you look at a fight like Hodir, it can be difficult to sit there and pump out a ~2.1sec cast that may only hit 2 targets if your raid spreads out a little too much as opposed to hitting a quick 1.3sec LHW cast. The LHW will most likely crit, returning mana and procing AA AND procing tidal waves for a quick 1.8sec or so CH/HW. Really, if you think about it, CH is only efficient if you have a chance at healing more than 2 targets and is certainly terrible if you are doing single healing. You get so many more benefits from using LHW more often, especially with the glyph. I think the biggest thing I took for granted was Tidal Waves. It sure is handy to have TW up when your NS is on cooldown and you need to hit a HW or CH.

Unfortunately most of this will be obsolete because when they add CH to the imp water shield talent especially, LHW will lose some of its uniqueness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaman help   

Back to top Go down

Shaman help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1