Rawrcast Discussion Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Meetup_logo_1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skullkrusher
Listener
Skullkrusher

Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?   Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime6/15/2009, 12:55 pm

im currently on Cenarius US..with some real life friends...and i cant find a group to save my life...ive tried wowheadhunter and there is no one on my server needing what i have class wise...i have 2 level 80's..a Dk and a Warrior..both HORDE DPS

the guild im in isnt an issue i dont really care what guild, i just want a good group to play with on my server...its hard enough to find pug groups for heriocs.. even the daily....i also dont want to switch servers cause my real life friends and i are always helping each other out...but their groups are full (they have tried to get me in) and im getting pretty bored with the game i cant possibly go finish leveling my 60 pally....i need end game content adn i needz it asap if you get what im saying....

Anyone have any suggestions on easier ways to find groups?...people on my server dont even do VoA anymore...its depressing Sad
Back to top Go down
zombie3000
Listener
zombie3000

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?   Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime6/16/2009, 7:02 pm

...is your realm a low population server? I had this very same issue in a differnt game... and i know you said you didnt want to, but a server xfer can make a big difference... I play lotro casually and the server i picked was very low... and i had the same problems you did, so i did some research, found the most popular server, xfer'd and OMG grouping and end game totally changed...
Back to top Go down
Skullkrusher
Listener
Skullkrusher

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?   Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime6/16/2009, 9:07 pm

zombie3000 wrote:
...is your realm a low population server? I had this very same issue in a differnt game... and i know you said you didnt want to, but a server xfer can make a big difference... I play lotro casually and the server i picked was very low... and i had the same problems you did, so i did some research, found the most popular server, xfer'd and OMG grouping and end game totally changed...

nope, its high...its one of the original servers released with the game...the problem is the ratio between alliance/horde is like 8-1 and the people who actually do raid or w/e already have groups on my side..i re-rolled a DK cause no one needed a Warrior....i ran a few times with my friends group to get SOME gear then ive been on my own....and now no one needs a DK...so pretty much im screwed unless i switch servers and thats really not an option...i dont want to quit playing but if i cant find a group, i cant farm dailies and BS in trade chat like everyone else does it gets old...its already getting old doing the same dailies for rep i just did on my warrior not even 2 months ago
Back to top Go down
zombie3000
Listener
zombie3000

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?   Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime6/17/2009, 10:49 am

Well one thing you could do... Is start your own guild...dunno just an idea... sounds like your in a sticky situation Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Skullkrusher
Listener
Skullkrusher

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?   Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime6/17/2009, 11:03 am

yea definately...ill figure somethign out i guess or just pug the shit out of as much stuff as i can and go from there ;D
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?   Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime6/17/2009, 2:30 pm

I don't know about Cenarius, Necro, but on Staghelm melee dps are a dime a dozen whether that be rogues, enh shaman, warriors, dk's or ret pallies. DK's alone are a HUGE amount of the population and few if any are tanks.

You may want to consider a class/role change. Obviously, you can't heal on either of your toons, but maybe if you were tanking on one or the other you might have a better time finding a group. You also could roll a caster or healer to find a niche. Healers are always at a premium on every server I've been on, so that may be an idea... Although you did say you don't want to level your paladin. Heh.

When I was in a spot where I couldn't figure out which role I wanted to fill but I wanted something I would like to play and still have some flexibility, I leveled a druid. They are the only class that can truly do it all, so you can decide if you want to tank, melee dps, cast dps or heal. Maybe that's an idea if the pally isn't doing it for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawrcast.com
Skullkrusher
Listener
Skullkrusher

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?   Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime6/17/2009, 9:23 pm

Hafrot wrote:
I don't know about Cenarius, Necro, but on Staghelm melee dps are a dime a dozen whether that be rogues, enh shaman, warriors, dk's or ret pallies. DK's alone are a HUGE amount of the population and few if any are tanks.

You may want to consider a class/role change. Obviously, you can't heal on either of your toons, but maybe if you were tanking on one or the other you might have a better time finding a group. You also could roll a caster or healer to find a niche. Healers are always at a premium on every server I've been on, so that may be an idea... Although you did say you don't want to level your paladin. Heh.

When I was in a spot where I couldn't figure out which role I wanted to fill but I wanted something I would like to play and still have some flexibility, I leveled a druid. They are the only class that can truly do it all, so you can decide if you want to tank, melee dps, cast dps or heal. Maybe that's an idea if the pally isn't doing it for you.

its not so much that i dont want to play my pally...cause i like him and the mechanix and what not...its the fact ill have to grind from 60 to 80 and do ALL this rep ALL over again....just gets tedious...ive been building my tank set slowly as i can but im still ike 30pts from being capped on both toons....and i really dont think that healing would support my gaming style..im a shooter game, halo/gears/cod, kinda guy so i like it hands on in my face killing...thats why i went DPS...and ive thought about a druid b/c of the balance...and it all goes bk to the leveling...the quests are SOO boring in the OK...

i have 5 toons on the horde side

my 2 level 80's Warrior/DK

- Level 60 Pally
- Level 47 Warlock
- Level 46 Mage

and those were from my refer as friend to get my g/f more involved in the stuff i like...so i do have some variety...i already felt like i just wasted the past year on my warrior when i switched lol...i mean i know its just a game and what not and im cool with it, but thats alot of devoted time i have to do and im already playing every single night after work during the week :D...i think what my actual problem is, is my gear...and ill almost bet on that...b/c no one runs NAXX anymore really and everyone over looks u for ulduar raids when u dont have naxx gear..so yeah...i will figure something out...even if it does mean switching servers cause its my money im paying i definately want to get the full enjoyment out of it..thanks for the tips
Back to top Go down
Skullkrusher
Listener
Skullkrusher

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?   Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime6/23/2009, 8:30 am

so last night i actually got to go into Naxx25 with my guild...they had some open slots...and i made out like a bandit...since no other DK needed anything i rpetty much raked it all in

Tier 7.5 Helm
Tier 7.5 Chest
Tier 7.5 Shoulders
Aged Winter Cloak
Abomination Legs
Undiminished Battleplate (chest, i got b4 the Tier 7.5 dropped)
Girdle of Chivalry
Sigil of Awareness

that was all on 1 run...pretty sweet huh

now ill be able to get into the naxx10/25 pugs that go on that do gear checks so ican get some trinkets/weapon etc etc...so yay!...patience always pays off i guess Smile
Back to top Go down
Itankwithmyface
Listener
Itankwithmyface

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?   Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime7/23/2009, 7:33 am

Skilled DK's are hard to find, players that really excel in the class, attain that, people will get to know you and you won't need to look for invites Razz

Aside from that, this could well be a global problem, people on my server has stopped doing heroics to a large extent believing it to be a waste of time until 3.2

Doesn't help with the announcement to emblem changes, I think they should really have been a bit more tactful with when they release such information.
Back to top Go down
Skullkrusher
Listener
Skullkrusher

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?   Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime7/23/2009, 10:24 am

Itankwithmyface wrote:
Skilled DK's are hard to find, players that really excel in the class, attain that, people will get to know you and you won't need to look for invites Razz

Aside from that, this could well be a global problem, people on my server has stopped doing heroics to a large extent believing it to be a waste of time until 3.2

Doesn't help with the announcement to emblem changes, I think they should really have been a bit more tactful with when they release such information.

as of right now, i couldnt care anyless about heroics other than achievements....there is no gear what so ever i would need from anything in those places...now when 3.2 hits, i will definately be running those so i can get way better stuffz...but for now i just need a group!

i applied to Voracious on Cenarius...they need 2-3 melee dps...they havent responded either yes/no yet....so who knows...they are about the only guild left that does good in raids that meets my schedule 100%...so ive been forced to playing alts cause nothing else to do
Back to top Go down
Skullkrusher
Listener
Skullkrusher

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?   Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 8:38 am

well as a long shot, I applied to Voracious on my server...They are a top-5 HORDE guild (have killed yogg!) and rebuilding for the summer just like everyone else. I had an interview thursday night last week, and was asked to keep my lockouts free for the weekend. Last night I tagged along thru the awesomeness that Ulduar is. It was the first time i had been passed Flame Leviathan, and needless to say, even tho i had tier 7.5 adn they had 8 and 8.5, i was still 7th on the Damage meters! We got all the way to Hodir before they called the raid because our healers had to leave...But i didnt die on ANYTHING that was my fault, no stupid stuff...even survived XT and Hodir without a problem...I think i did very well for a newbie in Ulduar especially since Naxx was the only raid I have ever done before adn we all know how easy that shit was...but We are gonna try to progress farther tonight again, hopefully they see that im not a moron and /invite me to their awesome guild!

To all the people who cant find a group, be patient...I waited thru 2 tiers of content, switched mains, re-rolled new toons that I could possibly use and I finally found someone who would let me come with them and give me a chance...Well worth it!
Back to top Go down
Skullkrusher
Listener
Skullkrusher

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?   Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime8/3/2009, 8:18 am

ok, so im sorry to say it but...the wonderful group of guys i found who actually let me in and try-out for their raids and /invite me to their guild....disbanned this weekend....after 3 straight days of having 11-17 people on for 25s (the loot master wasnt even on any of those days either)...the GL just pretty much said fuck it....this is beyond aggravating cause i waited 6 fucking months, leveled to toons to 80 for dif trys at a spot...and now im about to quit cause theres no point in it...i dont want 6 level 80 alts...thats just a waste of time....its going to be a long week and if i dont have something by the end of august, im done with wow for a while....

hell even Wretched another top-5 horde guild from my server....disbanned this weekend to...fuck summer....if your a gamer, you shoudl be a gamer....nto some douche who lies and says that you will be online and then suddenly, find something else to do...

Aion looks pretty fucking sweet.....BTW, just saying....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?   Suggestions for finding a Raid Group? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for finding a Raid Group?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rawrcast Discussion Forums :: In-Game :: Raiding-
Jump to: