Rawrcast Discussion Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Meetup_logo_1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement?

Go down 
+2
Hafrot
Osis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Osis
Listener
Osis

What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement?   What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime5/1/2009, 12:30 pm

There's a ton of QQ on the forums over this, which is to be expected. There are a lot of people simply complaining that they have to PvP at all, which is a silly complaint IMO. The problem I have with it is that it forces players to PvP poorly. They have to intentionally ignore group objectives to accomplish the task, which of course pisses off the PvP regulars, which leads to griefing of the people there to get the achievement, which leads to an even poorer opinion of BG's for those people. Not to mention the fact that it is totally opposed to the original spirit of Children's Week to begin with.

What's the opinion of the Rawrcast crew on this achievement? There's already a ton of people complaining of horrible experiences in trying to get it done, but there have been some interesting success stories of each faction helping the other out. Personally I have no problem being asked to win a BG, or complete one of several objectives that suit my class, but don't really appreciate being force to compete against my own faction as well as the opposing faction in a BG.
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement?   What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime5/3/2009, 6:53 pm

Osis wrote:
The problem I have with it is that it forces players to PvP poorly.

QFT!!

I did the quests simply because I had to in order to get credit for the meta achievement... and I hated it. I won't say that it was especially difficult as a DK, but I will say that I don't enjoy PvP and I certainly wouldn't play like I did to get the achievements on a normal PvP stint. Over the course of the few days I was in BG's helping my friends and guildies get their achievements done, we got rolled a fair number of times simply because we were focused on the achievements and not the goals of the BG.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawrcast.com
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement?   What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime5/4/2009, 12:58 am

I have yet to finish that achievement. I dislike PVPing cause I get yelled at. lol
Back to top Go down
http://rawrcast.com
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement?   What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime5/4/2009, 2:50 am

Stompalina wrote:
I have yet to finish that achievement. I dislike PVPing cause I get yelled at because I don't bother listening to what Haf says about the achievement and refuse to read it on my own, then get frustrated that it can't just be done FOR me and ninja afk out of the BG that Haf and other guildies are still in only to help my ungrateful self out with. lol

FIXT!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawrcast.com
Shifty
Listener
Shifty

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement?   What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime5/4/2009, 4:56 am

I also hate PvP but don't see what the fuss is about, I got the achievement done within a couple of hours and actually quite enjoyed it, I got a little pissed after returning a flag in WSG and realising my orphan wasnt by my side Evil or Very Mad

If you're having trouble, organise a premade just for the achievements and get em done, simple as.

I do hope blizz doesnt back down on this one too
Back to top Go down
Karazak
Listener
Karazak

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement?   What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime5/4/2009, 7:17 am

I think that it is okay to have some achievements be very difficult, even ones needed for metas. Otherwise they shouldn't call them ACHIEVEments.
Back to top Go down
Osis
Listener
Osis

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement?   What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime5/4/2009, 11:44 am

Oh don't get me wrong, it's doable, if a little more difficult for certain classes. And I don't think it should be removed either. The previously removed achievements were done because they were either too affected by RNG or too unforgiving if you missed it (waiting an extra year just to drink a beer is pretty shitty). My issue is that it was poorly implemented. If the objective was to win one of each bg, or to accomplish one of several objectives (ie capture a flag, defend a flag, or return a flag) then I would say it was a good idea. It promotes non PvPers to actually learn how to be an effective participant in bg's. This just has people zerging their objective, to the detriment of the match, to simply get the achievement and afk out. It's just not a very well thought out objective.

It will be interesting to see if Blizz stands their ground on this one. Like I mentioned, there were reasonable issues with the other achievements to justify removing or changing them, but they have been accused of giving in to QQ all the same. This isn't an impossible achievement, it just sucks, and probably has caused the most QQ of any achievement yet to be seen. If they give in, then they are totally catering to the QQers. If not, it might give them some cred back.

Last edited by Osis on 5/4/2009, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
salima
Listener
salima

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement?   What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime5/4/2009, 12:32 pm

i hate it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement?   What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think of the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement?
Page 1 of 1