Rawrcast Discussion Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots Kids: What are some things that... Meetup_logo_1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Kids: What are some things that...

Go down 
+8
Karazak
dangerousdonny
GhostDawg
Shawndra
Hafrot
Shifty
salima
Stumpalina
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

Kids: What are some things that... Empty
PostSubject: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/12/2009, 11:46 am

...you and your kid/s do together in-game?

...your kid/s can learn from the game?

We play together and talk about how his character relates to his world, use funny voices as if we are the characters talking, and make a game out of doing a quest (gathering and drops).

Our son learns patience from waiting for his pet to get aggro before attacking, money management from saving gold and waiting for important purchases, how an auction works, and lots of other stuff I can't think of right now.. lol
Back to top Go down
http://rawrcast.com
salima
Listener
salima

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/13/2009, 11:06 am

this is from the kid point of view: NOTHING
I attempted to bring my mom into guildwars when i was playing it...total fail, all I did was make a character in her name and she watches me play

anyway, maybe my family isnt just yet ready for WoW Laughing

what can I learn from the game???
A LOT
my vocabulary acctualy increased because of wow, reading quests and zone names and items etc.
Back to top Go down
Shifty
Listener
Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/13/2009, 3:21 pm

Social skills, Maths, Spelling, Typing, Time management, Money management there are many Wink
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/13/2009, 4:48 pm

Our kid learned what a sandy vagina is ... true story.

I keed. I keed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawrcast.com
Shifty
Listener
Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/13/2009, 4:51 pm

Haf, while you're here, care to explain your picture?
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/13/2009, 5:56 pm

Shifty wrote:
Haf, while you're here, care to explain your picture?

It's meeeee!! ><

Stomp said I had to have an avatar and since I had just gotten my T7.5 shoulders and Betrayer of Humanity, I figured those were pretty defining things about my toon, so I threw together and MS paint of myself for an avatar.

I can't help it, I'm silly AND a crappy artist. It's a bad combination and a worse likeness. Smile

I embrace the good and the bad in myself!
Back to top Go down
Shawndra
Listener
Shawndra

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/14/2009, 12:54 pm

When my daughter and I play together, we usually quest together. She is still trying to not melee as a hunter. For her birthday last year I bought her the bow of searing arrows. A few days after she got it i walked in on her in the battlegrounds melee fighting. I did a gear check on her armory page, went to the ah, bought her some better options, and enchanted them ( she was wearing of the owl and of the whale gear). Since then, except for the melee problem, she knows better what stats she needs, and she performs better as a hunter. Now we are working on the how to make money part of the game.
Back to top Go down
http://wishfullthought.blogspot.com
salima
Listener
salima

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/14/2009, 12:58 pm

thats real nice, gamer family :D

i used to play with my dad
but he stayed on EQ and stopped at lvl 26
i was a hunter and went on to lvl 65
Back to top Go down
GhostDawg
Listener
GhostDawg

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/14/2009, 1:07 pm

A family that games together, stays together. That's my motto.

I'm currently playing with my youngest, though I've played with all of the other three, and will be playing with my soon to be son-in-law soon.

My youngest and I have a blast playing together, however he really doesn't like to play the game by himself... which is fine with me... although I'd love it if he'd level his DK to my druid's level! That way I could level that druid faster.
Back to top Go down
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/14/2009, 1:19 pm

So...

Back to top Go down
GhostDawg
Listener
GhostDawg

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/14/2009, 1:29 pm

We quest. On our old PvP realm, we looked for trouble.

As for learning from the game, I think that what my youngest has learned has been from us spending time together... not from the game.

Certainly the game helps kids learned to be organized, disciplined (perhaps) and work toward goals. However without the guidance of an adult, I believe that these positive game experiences are far overshadowed by the negative aspects of an MMO.

And by kids, I mean young kids, not teenagers.

When my eldest was still a teen playing the game, he learned to be very organized as well as how to deal with people, as the guild leader of the second largest progression guild on his realm.
Back to top Go down
dangerousdonny
Listener
dangerousdonny

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 12:34 pm

Me my wife and my 7 yr old play. But most of the time it is me running my boy thru everything with him saying dad kill that, kill that and him picking up the loot. He is a totally decked out lvl 17 Tauren hunter. We always pull the laptops together and just spend some q.time together. For me that is what is important. Although he asked me the other day DAD why are you not leveling my guy??.
Kids: What are some things that... 01010
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/absolutefightingchallenge
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 4:33 pm

Awesome pic! Thanks for sharing! You should totally do a reponse video with your son to the one I posted on our blog last week... Discussing the game, etc...

So...

Back to top Go down
salima
Listener
salima

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 4:52 pm

dangerousdonny wrote:
Me my wife and my 7 yr old play. But most of the time it is me running my boy thru everything with him saying dad kill that, kill that and him picking up the loot. He is a totally decked out lvl 17 Tauren hunter. We always pull the laptops together and just spend some q.time together. For me that is what is important. Although he asked me the other day DAD why are you not leveling my guy??.
Kids: What are some things that... 01010

Is that a WoW t-shirt on u???

clown
Back to top Go down
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 5:09 pm

Of course he has on a WoW Shirt.. .probably from Jinx, where I got mine. And you can get one too! Visit our main page and click on JINX banner on the top. Purchase and SUPPORT THE RAWR....

::shameless::
Back to top Go down
salima
Listener
salima

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 5:20 pm

i would if i had money that can be sent through the internet
not being 18+ sucks
Back to top Go down
dangerousdonny
Listener
dangerousdonny

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 9:36 pm

Yup shameless Blizzard plug. I need to work on being the first Blizzard sponsored MMA fighter. LOL. I didn't even notice I had that tshirt on when I posted the pic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/absolutefightingchallenge
Karazak
Listener
Karazak

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/22/2009, 5:45 pm

My kid is 11 months old. So she just hits the spacebar while I raid. It's a big help.
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/23/2009, 9:24 am

Karazak wrote:
My kid is 11 months old. So she just hits the spacebar while I raid. It's a big help.

Ooooh. Can I borrow her for Hodir?
Back to top Go down
Karazak
Listener
Karazak

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/23/2009, 11:04 am

I would mail her to you Haf, but my wife would kill me.
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/23/2009, 3:38 pm

Karazak wrote:
I would mail her to you Haf, but my wife would kill me.

You should offer overnight delivery. She would probably go for that.
Back to top Go down
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/23/2009, 3:55 pm

So....

What are some things that...

Come on all you peeps that are new to the forums!
Back to top Go down
Osis
Listener
Osis

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/24/2009, 12:13 am

I haven't replied yet, but my answer is the same as Karazak; spam the jump button. That and ask me to turn into a bear, then a cat, then a bear again, then ride a wolf, then....
Back to top Go down
whisp3rbl4d3
Listener
whisp3rbl4d3

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime4/30/2009, 2:29 pm

my kids help me upgrade my computers hardware...by placing dimes in the DVD-ROM...I just spent about an hour taking my computer apart to remove the DVD drive, disassemble it, remove the dime, put the drive belt back on it's spindle and reassemble everything
Back to top Go down
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime6/3/2009, 5:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kids: What are some things that...   Kids: What are some things that... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kids: What are some things that...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next