Rawrcast Discussion Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Meetup_logo_1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?

Go down 
+3
Shifty
Hafrot
Aellerian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Aellerian
Blog Contributor
Aellerian

How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Empty
PostSubject: How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?   How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime4/16/2009, 5:45 pm

World Defense Channel and I well unexpectantly we went into ulduaar on day 1... got our best on and went. We 1 shotted first boss, not on hard mode, but then of course the servers started crapping out so only 1 attempt on 2nd "big drake boss" and we died but... We then figured our final decision to wait untill friday(which was our planned day) to go into 10 man and get r done with flasks and potions and foods was the best Idea. So yea so right now(yes our pvp guild) is gearing up for "progression" style raiding but we have done it with Naxx but that was cake anyways and many of us had done it before. Wiiiiiiiiiith Vault runs... well its hard to get a schedule on that isnt it? I tried pugging and well... that was a mistake... and then I went with another guild who was running it cause they had the people on... and well... that wasnt quite good either... so ive given 1 attempt on 25 man and 1 attempt on 10 man. Got 2 enrages killed on 10 man and none on 25 hahaha.... I might add that the people they chose for 25 man.. some were under 1kdps and no one listened when I said remove them heh. On a lighter note! Argent Tourney is going well.. I didnt understand it first night so missed out on 5 tokens to make my 15 so im a day behind and only have 10. Tomorrow I shall be a champion of Darnassus!(I think) So all in all a few questions for you! How far is your guild in Ulduaar on day 3? Are you a champion of said race? Are you even remotley excited for season 6 like I am?! Let us knooooooow! hahaa
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?   How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime4/17/2009, 4:21 am

So far, in 25 man we (Insomnia-Staghelm) have gotten Flame Leviathon and Razorscale down and XT-002 to like 11%.

On 10 man, we've gotten Flame Leviathon, Razorscale, XT-002, Kologarn and Auriaya down. We tried Hodir a bit tonight but only a few attempts.

We also downed Emalon in Vault of Archavon... that's a very cool fight but very difficult to PuG, I would think.

It's been alot of fun learning the new events and the trash, but I'm weird like that. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawrcast.com
Shifty
Listener
Shifty

PostSubject: Re: How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?   How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime4/17/2009, 7:12 am

Ok, my guild (Ignotos - Kilrogg EU)

Our first hop into Ulduar was last night, we got Flame Leviathon, spent about an hour on Ignis before giving up due to his bugs, and only had 2 goes on Razorscale, who we got to about 70%. Loved it though, the mobs/scenery/lore was fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Emeny
Blog Contributor
Emeny

PostSubject: Re: How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?   How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime4/17/2009, 11:37 am

With the instance finally back on its feet our guild went in and put down the Leviathon with no problems. That whole opening section is going to get real tedious, real quick!

We had a quick look at Ignis too, though I had no idea he was bugged (how so?)

We got owned, big time! He was hitting me for 40k+ at times though that was likely due to the adds we couldn't get down quickly enough.

We're back in on Sunday so it'll be interesting to see how we progress.

Emeny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.combobulater.co.uk
Shifty
Listener
Shifty

PostSubject: Re: How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?   How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime4/17/2009, 12:14 pm

Emeny wrote:

He was putting the person at the top of his aggro list into his slag pot. As well as doing crazy damage to the tank, he then proceeded to whipe the raid. This happened several times, we toyed around with having one tank for the adds, leaving two fighting for the top spot on his aggro list but unfortunatly, the one remaining tank couldn't cope on his own and in the end we just gave up.

This may have been fixed by now, not sure cyclops
Back to top Go down
zombie3000
Listener
zombie3000

PostSubject: Re: How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?   How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime4/17/2009, 4:15 pm

Hafrot wrote:

We also downed Emalon in Vault of Archavon... that's a very cool fight but very difficult to PuG, I would think.

What was the strat you guys used?
Back to top Go down
Emeny
Blog Contributor
Emeny

PostSubject: Re: How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?   How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime4/17/2009, 4:22 pm

The crazy damage done to the tank could be explained by the number of adds you have up at the time, apparently they increase his damage by quite a lot...

On a side note, is there any chance you could reduce the size of your sig. Zombie? not being rude but it is rather huge Smile

Emeny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.combobulater.co.uk
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?   How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 12:23 am

Emeny wrote:

He has the random target that he puts in his Slag Pot, but he would charge them and melee them as he was putting them in. Pretty much it was a one-shot for anyone not tanking adds or lucky enough to avoid the dmg somehow. They seem to have fixed it though.

zombie3000 wrote:
What was the strat you guys used?

For Emalon, we had 2 tanks. One was on Emalon at one side of the room and the other was tanking the adds on the other side of the room. We found it easiest to tank the adds at the stairs and let everyone else spread out.

Emalon does a chain lightning, but only on people at range (>15yds maybe?), he does a lightning nova just like Loken in Halls of Stone, which melee has to run out of, and he targets one of the revenants and enrages them. When they get enraged, they grow in size and if they get to 10 stacks of the buff that Emalon put on them, they will explode for A METRIC SHIT TON of damage, wiping the raid.

What we did, was basically put one mage on them full time to AoE. The value in this is that the one that enrages gets a full health bar and is easy to discern from the others. It's not really necessary at all and may be wasteful if you don't have a lot of dps already working on the boss. All other dps should be on the boss. Once he starts his first lightning nova, all melee has to run out of range. The tank is fine standing in the nova so he doesn't need to move. The first lightning nova is a clue that he will enrage an add soon, so we sent the rogues back to help the ranged dps down the enraged add as soon as he did the first one. The reason we only sent rogues is because they can sprint (not necessary but helpful) and because with ALL of the melee running to the back, if one of us gets targeted by the boss for a chain lightning, ALL of your melee dps is likely dead. It also shortens the fight a bit with the extra dps on the boss full-time. If you're worried about melee running back and forth, just park some melee next to where the adds are tanked and have them hang out there, careful to be spread out.

At this point, the add is enraged and ALL DPS should be on the add (unless you are melee heavy like us and leave a few on the boss). It has to die before it explodes or it's a wipe. Once the add is down, the melee there can run back to the boss (being wary of the lightning nova when they get close and being spaced out, especially away from the healers...). DPS the boss till the next lightning nova and rinse and repeat. Collect your phat loot and bask in teh purples!

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?   How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 12:24 am

Just as a follow up, we had a terrible time with Kologarn, but 3-shot the Iron Council in 25-man.

In 10, we downed everything but Ignis, up to Mimiron and got Mimiron to phase4. It's a very cool fight.

Anywho... on to next week. Smile
Back to top Go down
salima
Listener
salima

PostSubject: Re: How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?   How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 2:20 am

my guild (Smoothies-Al'akir EU) split up into 2 groups for ulduar 10
group 1: all the good people
group 2: whoever else wants to come

i missed flame leviathan so i was placed into group 2

we wiped razorscale 4 times
we even wiped on trash to ingis

goup 1:
downed razorscale after 2 attempts
wiped ingis twice and 5 people got the hot pocket achievement

so we just went and did OS 10 with 1 drake up :Flipping with
Back to top Go down
Damerae
Listener

PostSubject: Re: How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?   How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 1:12 pm

Our 25-mans freakin' faceplanted. It was incredibly frustrating. However, 10-wise we got to Freya before having to call it a week. Lots of attendance problems. Rough times. The idea of leaving for another guild is coming up even. -.-
Back to top Go down
Aellerian
Blog Contributor
Aellerian

PostSubject: Re: How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?   How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 1:57 pm

Well it's a new weeek for wdc let's see how far we get. We finally got xt down in 10 but some of our dps is lackin in 25 so we just went an cleared naxx to get them more gear for this week hope we do it! Oh emalon on farm 10 man but not quite 25 cause it's hard to have the right makeup when we own wg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?   How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How faaaaar have we gotten day 3 into 3.1?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rawrcast Discussion Forums :: The Show :: Discussion Topics-
Jump to: