Rawrcast Discussion Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rawrcast Discussion Forums

A World of Warcraft Fan Podcast and Community

Rawr HomeRawr Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Jordan "Mr. NNJ" Johnson
So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 11:29 pm by michaelpohara

» Blogs and Websites
So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 10:04 pm by angelzhu

» Making the world self sufficient with clean energy resources
So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 12:10 pm by KESTLER11

» Round Tables!
So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 5:19 pm by Lahague

» Fury Warrior DPS Guide - By Kernave
So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime7/4/2010, 6:23 pm by Kernave

» Death Knight starter kit
So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 9:36 am by Eulixe

» iLive user interface
So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 5:50 pm by iLive

» Dps or Strat? Whats the Problem Mr.Icc
So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:21 am by jeebs

» Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 12:01 pm by Pinnick

Our Sponsors

UGT-Servers.com

Woot Loots So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Meetup_logo_1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
waytoobusy
Listener
waytoobusy

So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Empty
PostSubject: So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions...   So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime6/5/2009, 9:26 am

I've raided in other games before with different targeting abilities. I have the gear I need to do really great dps and can in a controlled environment but I'm not targetting the mobs fast enough to get to the maximum dps. I'm worrying about getting the right target and end up tabing through more than once. I am new to raiding in wow and am still trying to get the hang of how to target through mutliple player encounters when we are not just aeing everything down. What's the fastest best way to do this? Any add ons or just tips?
Back to top Go down
Stupid Mage
Listener

PostSubject: Re: So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions...   So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime6/5/2009, 12:36 pm

It depends on the raid but for the most part, you can most often assist off the off-tank. The main tank usually holds onto the boss which is easily targeted. Adds sometimes pop up that an off-tank needs to pick up and burn down quickly, which is why you assist the off-tank.

This is done with the simple macro

/assist [off-tank's name]

do not use the []

Hit that button and you will automatically target what the off-tank is targeting.
Back to top Go down
Stumpalina
Host
Stumpalina

PostSubject: Re: So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions...   So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime6/5/2009, 1:39 pm

Yea - either an assist macro or oRA. oRA is awesome, as long as your raid leader is setting up assists and MTs in the Raid UI.
Back to top Go down
http://rawrcast.com
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions...   So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime6/10/2009, 1:43 pm

I love coming in late to discussions... Smile

Another option is from the regular Blizz raid frames. You can have the main assist set up as a MT and you can just drag that raid frame out onto your screen. It's nothing fancy and isn't really configurable, but you can move it around and it's easy to use if you don't use mods for your frames.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawrcast.com
Bowchikabow
Listener
Bowchikabow

PostSubject: Re: So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions...   So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime6/10/2009, 4:38 pm

gotta go with stompalina on this, oRa is great for assisting. It is part of our required mod pack because of how versatile, and useful it is with all the packs and such in todays raiding. Damn blizz resurrecting CC.....what were they thinking hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Hafrot
Host
Hafrot

PostSubject: Re: So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions...   So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime6/10/2009, 5:14 pm

I would like to go back to the OP and add... there is no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid raiders that don't care enough to ask, so... great questions!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawrcast.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions...   So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I love the show and have some really stupid raiding questions...
Page 1 of 1